Becoming a workplace of choice
Attracting and retaining good staff are critical factors in the success of any business. An organisation where people prefer to work because the environment, conditions and opportunities are better is known as a ‘workplace of choice’.
Being a workplace of choice allows your organisation to attract the best candidates and have satisfied, motivated staff who contribute to better business outcomes. It also enhances your reputation in the wider community.
Creating a culturally aware and inclusive workplace will help you be better placed to become a workplace of choice for Aboriginal people. You will also be in a stronger position to respond to the diversity of your customers and the Western Australian communities in which you operate.
What does a workplace of choice look like?
A workplace of choice will demonstrate initiatives and strategies that promote and encourage the wellbeing, success and productivity of its workforce. These will vary from one workplace to the next, but typically you'll see:
- a diverse workforce with a supportive and inclusive sense of community;
- flexible work practices with family friendly policies that encourage a good work/life balance;
- rewards for great work and opportunities for development and advancement;
- open communication with opportunities for staff to contribute to the development of the company; and
- shared values where everyone is treated with respect and fairness.
There's three key steps to becoming a workplace of choice for Aboriginal people;
- preparing your workplace;
- attracting and recruiting Aboriginal staff; and
- retaining and supporting Aboriginal staff.
How AWDC can help
We have a range of facilities and experienced staff at the Aboriginal Workforce Development Centre who can help you develop your Aboriginal workforce.
We can help you to attract, recruit and retain Aboriginal employees by:
- promoting your vacancies to Aboriginal jobseekers;
- working with you to put together a workforce development plan;
- offering professional learning workshops for you and your team;
- providing resources and advice on recruitment and retention strategies; and
- providing access to mentoring services and cultural awareness training.
To find out more about how we can help, register now or contact us for a chat.
Register with AWDCContact AWDC