The WAFarmers Bootcamp to Employment (Bootcamp) is an intensive new program for school leavers and young people, designed to give you the skills you need to get a job in the agricultural machinery sector.
Check out the Bootcamp 2021 event flyer!
Muresk Institute was excited to host the inaugural Bootcamp in July 2021. The comprehensive program ran over three days, with leading ag industry experts taking students through topics like:
- agricultural mechanisation;
- machinery application; and
- work health and safety.
Read the full WAFarmers Bootcamp to Employment 2021 program!
The standout event received overwhelmingly positive feedback. A highlight of the program was the ‘Meet and Greet’ session held on the last day of Bootcamp. Ag industry members were invited to partake in short interviews with small groups of participants.
Cayden Catto, McIntosh and Son Moora was impressed with the professionalism of the keen 2021 participants.
“It was one of the most exciting opportunities I have ever been involved in from a resourcing point of view.
“The young people I spoke to had a real desire to be part of the industry.
Read more about Bootcamp’s success in this article from the Countryman, Bootcamp to Employment gets ringing endorsement – 22 July 2021.
For more event highlights, read the Bootcamp 2021 recap News Item.
Interested in future Bootcamp programs?
Learn more about precision agriculture, machinery application for agronomy and understanding data based decision making. You will meet industry leaders and even get the chance to showcase your skills to prospective employers looking to take on apprentices and trainees.
- be at least 16 years of age;
- be completing Year 12 in 2021, or an adult who has previously completed Year 12 or equivalent;
- be willing to live and work in a regional town;
- have pre-existing knowledge of agricultural machinery application for agronomy;
- demonstrate aptitude or interest in technology and/or data management;
- have a ‘can do’ attitude; and
- complete an application form (includes a questionnaire and request for a testimonial/reference).
Stay tuned for information on future Bootcamp programs!
Bootcamp to Employment 2021 was proudly supported by: