Agriculture career days 2016
4 March 2016
Muresk Institute is hosting a series of free career days to give students the opportunity to experience the agriculture industry and to learn about the career pathways and courses available.
All activities* will be held on site at Muresk Institute and may include:
- a farm tour;
- a visit to the on site vet clinic;
- experiencing wool handling in action;
- grain research and development trials;
- a session in the laboratory, analysing plant and soil samples;
- learning about the latest agricultural technology;
- learning about the various agricultural training pathways and careers available; and
- lunch and an opportunity to chat with people working in the industry.
Suitable student groups
- Wednesday 4 May 2016
- Wednesday 8 June 2016
- Wednesday 7 September 2016
Arrival and departure times
- Student groups will arrive at Muresk Institute at 10.00 am. The program will conclude at 2.00 pm.
- There is no cost to attend an agriculture career day however, schools will be responsible for the supervision and transport of students to and from Muresk Institute (this includes any associated travel costs).
- A light lunch will be provided to attending students and coordinators.
For more information contact:
T: 1300 994 031
*These activities may be subject to change.