Update on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) 18 March 2020
Some new measures have been put in place to help manage COVID-19 in Australia:
- Non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people are banned by the Australian Government from 18 March 2020.
- The Australian Government announced Level 4 travel advice for Australia: do not travel’. All Australians are advised to reconsider their need for overseas travel at this time.
These measures are in addition to requirements in place from 16 March:
- Anyone arriving in Australia from overseas will be required to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Non-essential outdoor gatherings for more than 500 people are banned.
What does this mean for Muresk Institute staff, students and visitors?
Muresk Institute is open and students can attend classes.
All students, staff, parents/carers, contractors, visitors and volunteers should continue to follow health advice for self-isolation:
- Anyone who has returned from overseas cannot attend Muresk Institute for 14 days;
- Anyone who has been informed by public health authorities that they have been in close contact with a confirmed case of Coronavirus (COVID-19), they must also isolate themselves for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
If this is you, please notify Muresk Institute immediately to advise you will be away for the isolation period, and confirm the date/s and location/s of your travel.
Please visit the Department of Training and Workforce Development’s website dtwd.wa.gov.au/covid19 for more information.